Anne’s litigation philosophy is to help her clients resolve disputes as early and as often as possible; however, if it comes down to a courtroom battle, she fights with gusto to protect her clients’ interests. Anne has extensive courtroom experience, including participation in bench and jury trials as lead counsel and involvement in multiple high-profile cases around the country. She has represented clients in every phase of litigation, from initial corporate investigations through appellate resolution. In 2011, Anne was awarded the prestigious Trial Excellence Award by the Jury Verdict Reporter for her trial abilities.
Anne has significant litigation experience in insurance coverage issues, mortgage-backed securities, oil and gas interests, and contract disputes. She has also litigated conflicts involving product and premises liability, business disputes, medical malpractice, defamation and personal injury.
Here are some representative cases highlighting Anne’s litigation capabilities.
- Represented an insurance company in analyzing an insurance coverage issue and drafting a coverage opinion on a $100 million commercial general liability policy.
- Litigated sophisticated insurance coverage issues on behalf of an excess carrier in a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving 5 parties and requiring 58 depositions in 13 different jurisdictions.
- Represented a financial institution in objecting to an $8.5 billion dollar settlement involving residential mortgage-backed securities and allegations of breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a client in a dispute over an oil and gas overriding royalty interest ownership.
- Helped a client resolve a contract dispute involving issues related to indemnification, insurance coverage, business formation, and forum selection.
- Represented a waterproof spray distributor in a product liability case where the plaintiff alleged severe health problems after inhaling the product.
- Represented an apartment building owner in a “slip and fall” premises liability case involving a tenant who was injured on an icy patch outside the complex.
- "Personal Experiences: Recent Participants in the Pro Bono Panel Program," Faculty of Federal Advocates, 2017
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Judicial Committee Member
- Women’s Energy Network, Colorado Chapter, Member
- William E. Doyle Inn of Court
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Northwestern Law School Candidate Interviewer
- Junior League of Denver, Active Advisor
- Alliance for Choice in Education (ACE), Associate Board Member
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2016
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Trial Excellence Award, 2011