Hunter McMahon advises and testifies on behalf of corporations as a technical expert in both Federal and State court. He’s works with companies such as Walmart and Superior Energy to design and defend their discovery efforts. Hunter has also assisted governmental entities in evaluating and designing strategies to respond to discovery and other regulatory requests. During his tenure in the space Hunter has:
• Advised on complex class actions including FLSA, Product Liability and TCPA matters.
• Appeared before State and Federal judges as a technical expert and/or liaison.
• Assisted clients in responding to subpoenas from the SEC, CFTC, FTC, DOJ and others.
• Managed large database discovery efforts resulting in valuable matter-specific data analysis.
• Evaluated and designed document retention programs for multinational companies.
Hunter’s background in both law and technology provides clients dual insight into complex investigative and e-discovery matters. Hunter has acted as a 30(b)(6) witness and as an eDiscovery liaison for clients, advising on all stages of the EDRM in effort to increase defensibility and efficiency of the eDiscovery process. Such work includes assisting clients with preservation protocols, custodian interviews, meet and confer readiness, processing and search protocols, review strategies, production protocols, and more.
Hunter also works with clients to mitigate risk proactively, by identifying potential data sources, mapping and understanding data flows, and advising on emerging trends such as BYOD and social media. Hunter’s area of expertise in database discovery serves clients in both a compliance and discovery capacity.