Mr. Reissman is a senior manager in the San Francisco Deloitte Discovery Practice. Mr. Reissman has a broad range of experience assisting in litigation and the investigation of various types of fraud, including: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations, financial misstatements, embezzlement and asset misappropriation.
Mr. Reissman’s background includes over 15 years of experience in Computer Forensics and Electronic Discovery. In additional to working on litigation and investigation cases, he has been involved in the testing, development and use of several Computer Forensic and E-Discovery platforms including: EnCase, AccessData, Clearwell, Relativity, Introspect, Stratify, iConnect, Concordance, Nuix, OutIndex and several in-house solutions. Mr. Reissman has been published in the newsletter “E-Discovery: Law and Strategy”, and has instructed at numerous training events hosted within the US as well as internationally in the UK, Switzerland, Hong Kong and Brazil.
Incident Response – Data Preservation and Litigation Management
Led several work streams in the collection and preservation of electronically stored information and hard copy documents, from thousands of custodians, in an effort spanning over 2.5 years. Developed a data map of applications and data sources used on the response. Assisted counsel in responding to requests from various government entities and adverse parties.
Working with counsel, developed and implemented standards and procedures for electronic data and hard-copy document preservation of across multiple geographic locations. A specific focus was made on the chain of custody and photographic records of potentially significant physical evidence.
As used in this document, “Deloitte Advisory” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
Copyright © 2015 Deloitte Development LLC. All rights reserved.
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Investigations - Forensic Analysis and Electronic Discovery
• Led a team in the collection and preservation of electronically stored information and hard copy documents for over 75 custodians from one of the key locations. This data was consolidated from over 10 sites internationally. He was responsible for the relationship and quality controls of the E-Discovery third party vendors used for this consolidation effort. He was also responsible for working with Counsel on the development of their work flow and review strategy of over 9 million documents.
Collusion/Bid Rigging Fraud Investigation - Forensic Analysis
• Managed a team in the acquisition and forensic profiling of over 90 Personal Computers, Servers, Blackberry's and Mobile Phones as part of a criminal investigation concerning a large financial institution. Web-based/Personal Email, Instant Messaging, Internet Browsing, Wiping and Deletion Activity, Network Shares and Mobile Storage were some of the activity documented in the in-depth profiling.
Options Back-Dating - Forensic Analysis and Electronic Discovery
• Managed a team in the acquisition and electronic evidence from employee hard drives, active Email servers and backup tapes. He was responsible for the extraction of messages, attachments and common user files from the electronic evidence, and built an on-line review environment used simultaneously by 3 review teams comprised of 50 simultaneous users to review over 2.2 Million unique documents.
Corporate Fraud Investigation - Forensic Analysis
• Provided an in-depth forensic analysis into target employee personal computers as part of a criminal investigation for a large software development company. Special efforts were made to investigate software and other possible efforts to remove or destroy information from the computers.
Intellectual Property Dispute - Forensic Analysis
• Provided a declaration to the US District Court on the findings related to an in-depth analysis of the hard drive to identify documents that may have been taken or transmitted outside the company to a competitor. Key findings described in this declaration were identified from file-slack and unallocated clusters of the hard drive as well as remnants from Hotmail web-based email communications.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Deloitte Discovery: Focus on Internal Audit. Presentation to the Institute of Internal Audit Winter Seminar, 2015
Mobile Devices: Discovery and Analytics. ACFE Presentation, 2014
Golden Gate University: Complex Discovery and Data Management: E-Course
Panelist E-Discovery and Early Case Assessment. ACFE San Jose 2009 Fraud and
Non-Traditional Sources of Electronic Data in Investigations, Damon Reissman and David Sumner. E-Discovery Law & Strategy, Volume 3, Number 9, January 2007